Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday Night Quick Post

The team had a full day, and I'm too tired to download and post photos or videos tonight.
Here's the short version:

  • After breakfast Palmer and Larry started working on fix-it projects around the Nehemiah Center. Sandy headed for Tesoros De Dios with Angie De Waard, who has the day off at Nicaragua Christian Academy.
  • The other 7 members of the team headed toward Chinandega, with a stop en route at San Matilde, a village resettled with refugees from Hurricane Mitch. We met with the pastors of a San Matilde church--Jakarelys and Jairo, an amazing couple, filled with grace. They demonstrate such complete commitment to God in their choices and such trust in him and dependence on him, that we are humbled to be in their presence. They do this in conditions of personal poverty and sacrifice that leave us in awe.
  • We spent the afternoon--and into the evening with a Chinandega youth pastor and members of his youth team who are building relationships with the least, the last, and the lost among the young--street youth, drug addicts, and alcoholics. And some have become members of the church--and in turn their congregation is being challenged and growing. Then we walked with them through a poor district on the edge of town, calling on several people in the neighborhood and praying with them.
  • We seven are now in a Chinandega Hotel, the same hotel a Faith Church team stayed in 18 months ago. 
And I am heading for bed. Good night!
CVK for the team.

1 comment:

  1. Team - I heard this song by Mark Schultz on the way to work this morning and it is my prayer for you today that as you interact with God's children, may you be strengthened with knowing that He is the I AM of all.

    I am the maker of the heavens
    I am the bright and morning star
    I am the breath of all creation
    Who always was
    And is to come
    I am the one who walked on water
    I am the one who calmed the seas
    I am the miracles and wonders
    So come and see
    And follow me
    You will know

    Refrão:
    I am the fount of living water
    The risen son of man
    The healer of the broken
    And when you cry
    I am your savior and redeemer
    Who bore the sins of man
    The author and perfecter
    Beginning and the end
    I am

    I am the spirit deep inside you
    I am the word upon your heart
    I am the one who even knew you
    Before your birth
    Before you were

    Refrão

    Ponte:
    Before the earth (i am)
    The universe (i am)
    In every heart (i am)
    Oh, where you are (i am)
    The lord of love (i am)
    The king of kings (i am)
    The holy lamb (i am)
    Above all things

    Refrão

    Yes, i am almighty god your father
    The risen son of man
    The healer of the broken
    And when you cry
    I am your savior and redeemer
    Who bore the sins of man
    The author and perfecter
    Beginning and the end -
    I am

    ReplyDelete