Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Day: Minus Five and Counting


Looking at Pella snowdrifts, I envision coffee plants and banana trees in Nicaragua five days from now. It will be the dry season with temperatures of 60-75 degrees. I'm hungry for sun and warmth--but the to-do list comes first.

I listen to Spanish CDs while I move houseplants to the sun porch for easy access for Ben Vos when he waters them.

Marlo and I both add extra data to our laptops--including MP3s of our Spanish lessons. Maybe we can do a little more cramming during the flight.

I add $25 to our my SKYPE account so I can call friends and clients as needed.

We email to confirm our guest house arrangements with the Hernandez family and arrival time at the Managua airport.

We collect "must-remember-to-take" items in the guest bedroom.

And then we sit to watch BBC's "Planet Earth."

It is, after all, a holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment